Friday, March 11, 2011

Weekend Activity: San Francisco Flower & Garden Show

Are you free in two weeks? If so, may I suggest the San Francisco Flower and Garden Show? It will be in full bloom at the San Mateo Events Center, March 23-27.

I attended last year and in addition to leaving with this fabulous peacock:

I also left with a ton of inspiration. From off-the-wall conceptual gardens to I-wish-this-was-my-front-yard beauties, there is something for every type of garden taste. And, this being the Bay Area, there is an added emphasis on drought-tolerance, natives, and edibles.

In addition to viewing the gorgeous gardens, there is plenty to browse or buy: plants, bulbs, tubers, seeds, containers, books, garden decorations, antiques... And did I mention all the Seminars and Demonstrations? There will be things happening all day, everyday. I've only glanced at the schedule and have already found at least five seminars/talks I'd like to attend- and that's just over the weekend!

For those who aren't in the area, the website for the event has plenty of pictures and links to keep you entertained for a while. And if I can muster the energy to head over the San Mateo Bridge, I'll be sure to post some pictures of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...