Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Carnage

This is what remains of the lovely Amaryllis the downstairs neighbor gave us:


The other night, it was completely dismantled by the disgruntled housecats. 

Plate: smashed,
Amaryllis: in tatters,
trash bag: shredded. 

They were in rare form.

I was particularly upset because not only was it *just* about to start blooming, but also, they seem to keep dashing my hopes that I'll be able to grow things in this flat without them being destroyed.  My only hope may be to grow things in the bedroom because they aren't allowed in there.  Ugh.  I love the little mongrels, but they do put a damper on my gardening around here.

Happily, there is good news on the community garden front!  They had a lot of applicants, but they decided that they want us all to have a chance to garden and as such, are going to be organizing us into teams to take over certain areas of the garden.  My team should consist of a range of experience levels and be made up of about 6 other people.  On February 12th, I'll get to meet them and start in on my Glaswegian community gardening.

Thank goodness.  I don't know if the cats and I were going to be friends for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...