Friday, September 23, 2011

A Perk of Growing Your Own

I recently met up with some friends for dinner and offered to bring gazpacho as I am currently inundated in tomatoes.  One of those friends instantly offered a swap: her homemade jam for my homegrown tomatoes.  Done! 


There is something so satisfying about bartering with things you put time and effort into in a way that money just doesn't have.  It's also more pleasing to trade with friends than to get presents.  I know that she and her family will be enjoying MKG tomatoes for the next few days, while my husband and I will be enjoying her Strawberry-Rhubarb jam.  There's just something about that knowledge that makes me feel content. 

This is one of the best perks of growing your own: sharing the things we work hard to create with others who do the same.  I am a satisfied gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...