Thursday, September 22, 2011

Weekend Activity: Eat Real Festival


The Eat Real Festival is back on in Oakland this year!  For three days, September 23-25, it will be taking over Jack London Square.  I went to two days of it last year and it was spectacular.  There are food trucks abounding with amazing and varied dishes - I remember eating dim sum and cupcakes and pizza and a BLT and .... so much good food!  Plus they also have beer and wine, and if that weren't enough, they have demonstrations on urban homesteading and how-tos for the kitchen/farm!  Last year I watched a backyard chicken presentation as well as a kimchi-making demonstration.  Oh, and there was a butchering competition, too.  I also submitted my homemade Backyard Ruby Pluot Jam to the canning contest (sweetened with local honey) and I didn't win (there were over 40 entries) but I got some really good comments back.

All-in-all, it is truly an awesome event and I highly recommend attending.  Oh yeah, and it's free.  Score.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...